Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Bucket List

I've never seen The Bucket List, nor do I plan to. I don't even know if I can responsibly recommend it. However, I understand the premise is there are these two guys who make a list of things they want to do before they "kick the bucket." I think they have terminal cancer and a limited amount of time to live. Whatever the story, I was inspired to write down a few things I'd like to accomplish in the next year or so. And, yes, I am one of those people who puts things on their list that I've already done just so I can cross them off, so there's a few easy ones on here I know will happen just to make me feel good.

*Start a compost pile.
*Finish painting the few places in my house that need touching up.
*Tile the backsplash in my kitchen.
*Successfully grow one tomato plant and one pot of basil (the extent of my garden this year)
*Read a book about Uganda and try to get a grasp of the history of that country.
*Finish my college scrapbook. (I only have the graduation portion left, and it's been that way for 2 years!)
*Finish my thesis (goal of Nov.).
*Become a nurse practitioner (planned for May 2010).
*Play the piano for patients/residents and families at St. Marys and Madonna Towers.
*Make it back to Honduras.
*Sew something.
*Learn to make decent espresso on my new machine.
*Winterize the house better so my heat bill improves next winter.
*Assume my newfound role as an aunt and get the birthday calendar figured out.
*Get completely checked off so I can perform blood and marrow transplants and administer chemotherapy at work.

That's a good start.

4 comments:

jessicalolene said...

I've been an aunt for a good number of years now and still don't have the whole birthday calrender thing figured out. That should be a goal of mine for this year. Thanks for the idea.

Nathan Holland said...

I've been toying with one of these lists in my head. One of them is to pee on the continental divide so that half my pee eventually ends up in the Pacific Ocean and the other half ends up in the Atlantic. I'll be crossing the divide next week!

Don't worry, i won't feel offended if you decide to delete this comment :)

Mandy said...

I want to start a compost pile too! And on Saturday I planted chives, mint and oregano in an herb garden outside, and I started some basil and parsley in some window pots inside.

Here's to our greenness. :)

Jennifer said...

I'd recommend the movie. It's great!
I haven't read the post beyond the intro, so I might have more comments later...