Sunday, October 19, 2008

TN Travelers

This last week has been pretty busy with my family visiting from TN. We had a great time together, and I must admit, I am sounding a little more twangy than I did before. I will have to work on reintegrating into MN life now to avoid being ridiculed.

We did a whole host of things while they were here. If you can't tell by my personality, my family likes to be busy. And with a new, fixer-upper house, I had no shortage of projects for them. Here's a list of what we accomplished in about 2 good days of work, in addition to cooking a lot of meals, meeting my friends, and attending a benefit lunch:

-repainted all the doors in the house so they are no longer two-toned
-painted half the cabinets in the kitchen (sparing the other half that are to be replaced)
-fixed a wobbly table
-completely reconstructed two mangled storm doors
-cleared out the backyard fence row, leaving me with a minivan-sized pile of brush
-fixed all the storm windows
-tore up yucky landscaping border
-painted doorframes and baseboards
-installed a few sets of blinds
-purchased a nice array of tools

I also coerced my family to meet a portion of my boyfriend's family over pie and hot chocolate, which was quite the entertaining experience, at least for me. :-) The colliding of two worlds.

My brother stayed two days longer than my parents, and we had fun. We went to a birthday party, had people over for a pancake breakfast, went to church, went to a zoo, watched a movie, and just chilled out. I like that boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Your brother is growing up! Strange...lol
-Jenel

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Your brother is growing up! Strange...lol
-Jenel