Friday, February 18, 2011

Art Project

I have always wanted to be a crafty, creative person.  Alas, I'm not, naturally, so I have to try really hard.  I wanted to do something special for the nursery, though, and this is what I came up with.  And I admit, I'm quite proud of how it turned out.  I haven't gotten it on the walls yet, but here's what I did, with the whole thing made mostly of fabric scraps....

*Painted a "sky" on three panels of canvas



*Added some grass and planted a tree



*Made a few animals and attached them with decoupage





*Added some details
*Decoupaged over the whole thing....

Now, to finish the furniture so I can decide where this project is going to hang....

(shamelessly inspired by Andrea and Betsy )

8 comments:

All in a Day said...

Nice! :)

Unknown said...

I think you did a wonderful job! They are adorable!

Anne

Cassandra Louise said...

Oh my goodness!! These turned out great. I love them!

Keren Ruth said...

those are really cute!

Jennifer said...

Sarah, these are awesome! I love the animals!

Amy said...

I really like them. They are super for a nursery!

Anna said...

Oh my, those are very cute!

Christy said...

So, so cute! You are TOO creative. :)