Thursday, August 07, 2008

Small Joys in Life

I have a nice, big red dumpster in my driveway right now, and it is one of the most fun things I've ever experienced. A sampling of today's accomplishments:

Nastiness carpet from the living room and bedrooms---gone.
Three layers of carpet and one layer of plastic unknown thing from the stairs---gone.
Sneakers, gnarled tennis balls, random pieces of wood, empty sticky bottles from the basement---gone.
Dead branches and bushes that haven't been trimmed this millennium--gone.
Yucky green tile covering perfectly good hardwood---gone.
Gooey, greasy non-functional stove vent---gone.

It is liberating, exhilarating goodness that gave me quite a high. I love that feeling of declutterizing. Absolutely love it. And right now, it is incredibly convenient. All for one flat price.

(P.S. Are you tired of hearing about this house renovation yet?)

1 comments:

Betsy said...

I know the feeling, Sarah. We filled two of those things during our rennovations, and we could still use another! Love it.