Monday, September 11, 2006

Has it really been that long?

I just realized the other day that it's been over a month and a half since I've had a hug. At least, I think it has been that long. Maybe I got some random hug along the way that I'm not remembering right now.

Wow. That sounds really sad. But I don't think it's really bothered me all that much. But it has the potential to eventually.

I wonder how many people go years without a hug or a touch. I bet it is a lot. It really makes me think about reaching out to people, not being afraid to touch them. It also brings to mind the huge issue of loneliness. Though I've had just a small, small taste of it, I know it really destroys people. I think at one point (ok, maybe two points) in my life it destroyed me for a while. I don't ever want to be there again. How many people live day in and day out with love? I see quite a few in my line of work. How many more are out there? Can I make a lasting difference to any of them?

I want to be deliberately touching lives. I'm not quite sure how to do that right now. In reality, there are too many ways. I just don't know which one (or two, or three) are good fits for me.

I have a lot of decisions to make and a good bit of wisdom to seek.

1 comments:

Nathan Holland said...

About hugs, I'll give you a really BIG ONE next time I see you. I know (from personal experience) that you have touched many people's lives. Your ability to love people and to be able to show it is something that I really admire about you and something I wish that I had.